Tuesday, February 8, 2011
10 purple colored small Brinjals
1 big onions finely chopped
Tamarind small lime size ball
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Paprika
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
oil for frying
Masala Paste :
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp ground nuts
1 tbsp chana dal
3 Dry red chillies
Few curry leaves
1/2 cup coconut Pieces
1. Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water extract pulp and keep aside.
2. Dry roast chana dal, ground nuts, sesame seeds, red chillies, and curry leaves and cool them.
3. Grind the roasted ingredients along with coconut by adding some water to a thick paste.
4. By keeping stem intact slit the brinjals and deep fry them until they are 3/4 cooked. Once fried they look like this.
5. Take another pan and add 2 tbsp oil and add mustard seeds once they splutter add curry leaves and chopped onions and fry till they are golden brown.
6. To that add ginger garlic paste and fry for a 30 seconds and add salt, turmeric, and masala paste and combine well and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Then add the extracted tamarind pulp and paprika mix well and add fried brinjals and cook for 5-10 minutes ( until brinjals are fully cooked).
8. Finally adjust the seasoning and serve hot.