Sunday, January 16, 2011
1/2 pound ground chicken
5-6 leaves Boston lettuce/ iceberg lettuce
3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
3 tablespoons roughly chopped water chestnuts
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon chili sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons spring onions
1. Take 1 tbsp oil in pan and brown the chicken for 5 minutes and keep it aside.
2. Add remaining oil to the same pan and fry onion for a minute then add ginger, garlic fry for 15 seconds and add chestnuts, brown sugar, soy, fish and chili sauces mix well.
3. To that add the browned chicken and spring onions and combine well for 1-2 minutes on high heat and serve with lettuce.
Chopped Romaine lettuce
5-10 olives chopped
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup grated carrot
3-4 sun dried tomatoes (optional)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt
freshly cracked black pepper
2 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves (optional)
1. In a large bowl combine lettuce, olives, almonds, carrot, and dried tomatoes.
2. Take a bowl and mix lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and whisk in olive oil and keep aside.
3. Add the chopped parsley to the vinaigrette and drizzle over salad before serving.