50 g Tamarind (big lemon size ball)
1/2 cup chana dal
3 Green chillies slit
3 cups of cooked White Rice
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp Groundnuts
1 tbsp chana dal
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Cumin
1 chopped green chilli
2 Red Chillies
3 Curry leaf stalks
2 pinches Asoeftida
1/2 tsp turmeric
Salt to Taste
1. soak 1/2 cup chana dal in water for 20 min.
2. microwave tamarind with 1/2 cup of water for 1 minute and when it is cool extract thick pulp.
3. Take a sauce pan and cook the tamarind pulp, soaked chana dal and slit green chillies with some salt to a thick paste and let it cool.
4. Take a pan and heat the oil when the oil is hot add ground nuts and fry for 1/2 min and then add chana dal and fry for 1/2 min on medium flame.
5. To that add urad dal, mustard, cumin seeds, red chillies, green chilli, curry leaves, hing, turmeric and fry for 1/2 minute on low heat. Take care not to burn the tadka.
6. Take the cooked rice and add salt and mix well and to that add the tadka/ talimpu and combine well.
7. Finally add the tamarind paste desired to your taste and combine well. You can store the left over tamarind paste in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
8. Serve the pulihora with yogurt on side