White mushrooms/ brown mushrooms 16 ounce (around 30 medium size mushrooms)
cream cheese 1 cup/ 6 0unce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3-4 scallions chopped
3-4 garlic cloves minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp parsley fresh/1/4 tsp dried (optional)
1/2 tsp thyme fresh/1/4 tsp dried (optional)
1. Leave the cream cheese at room temperature until it is soft.
2. Remove the stems of the mushrooms and chop them along with garlic and scallions.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and add chopped garlic, mushroom stems and scallions, pepper powder and salt and fry for 2 min.
4. Take a bowl and add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, fried mushroom and scallion mixture, chopped parsley and thyme and mix well.
5. Stuff the mushrooms with cheese mixture and bake them in 350 F oven for 20 minutes
6. Serve hot as appetizer.
Tip: If you are using seasoned bread crumbs you can skip parsley and thyme.
cheese has lot of salt so careful when adding salt