Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Channa Masala (Chole)
Channa/ Chick Peas 1 cup (Soaked over night)
Oil 3 tbsp
Cinnamon stick 1 inch
Bay leaves 2
Cumin seeds 1/2 tbsp
mustard seeds 1/2 tbsp (optional)
Ginger Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Big Onion 1
Green chillies 2 (optional)
Red Chilli powder 1 tbsp
Turmeric 1/4 tbsp
Corriander powder 1 tbsp
Cumin Powder 1 tbsp
Cilantro for garnish
Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook the soaked Channa with some salt till they are soft.
2. Take oil in a pan, add cinnamon stick, cloves,cardamom,bay leaves, cumin seeds and then chopped onions and green chillies. Fry till they are slightly brown.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute and add tomatoes.
4. Then add turmeric powder, corriander powder, cumin Powder and red chilli powder. Mix well and cook till tomatoes are soft.
5. Add some water then add cooked Channa. Add salt according to your taste and cook till the gravy thickens.
6. Garnish with Cilantro, lemon and serve with rice, puri or roti.