Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Idly rava 1 1/2 cups
Urud dal 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds(Methi) 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Grated carrot 1 cup
Finely diced tomato 1
Finely chopped onion 1 cup
1. Soak urud dal and Methi in water for 5-6 hours.
2. Soak Idly rava in water for about 3 hours.
3. Drain the water from urud dal and methi seeds grind it with little water until smooth.
4. Now drain water from soaked rava and mix it to the batter add salt for taste and allow it to ferment overnight. ( you can also make Idly with this batter)
5. Take a nonstick pan and heat it with 1 tbs oil and make uthappam which is 1/2 inch thick.
6. spread grated carrot, tomato, onion and cilantro on uthappam and close the pan with lid and cook it on low for 3-5 min. Until cooked on the upper side and golden brown on the lower side.
7. Uthappam gets cooked on the upper side with the steam as the pan is covered.
8. Don't turn the uthappam other side since vegetables get burned and stick to the pan.
9. Serve hot with chutney or sambar.