1 Whole chicken around 2 pounds (washed and cut into medium sized pieces)
Big onions 2 (finely chopped)
Green chillies 2 chopped
Ginger-garlic paste 3 tsp
Mint leaves hand full
Red chilli powder 2 tsp (adjust to suit your spice level)
Turmeric pwd 1/2 tsp
3-4 tbsps oil
coriander cumin powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnish
Make a fine powder :
Coriander seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Poppy seeds 2 tsp
fennel seeds 1 tsp
1. Marinate chicken pieces in chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt for 20 mts.
2. Grind cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and poppy seeds to a fine powder in coffee grinder and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a cooking vessel. Add the onions and green chillies saute till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped mint leaves saute further for another 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add the marinated chicken pieces and cumin coriander powder mix well and close the pan with lid and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the ground masala powder combine well. Add 1/2 cup of water for more gravy consistency. Cook till chicken pieces are soft and oil separates out. Adjust salt and spice.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.