Pumpkin – 2cups(peeled and cubed)
Tomato – 1 Big (chopped)
Onion - 1 Big (chopped)
Green chillies – 2 slit
Red chilli powder – 1/2tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
Coriander(dhania) powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Red chiilies – 2
Garlic cloves 3 crushed
Curry leaves – 10
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add urad dal, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, garlic and curry leaves and fry till golden brown.
- Add the chopped onions, green chillies and fry them till transparent.
- Now to this add 2 cups of cubed pumpkins, turmeric and salt and let it cook covered on low heat for 10 min.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well and cook for 5 min.
- Add 1/2cup water, cover and cook on medium heat till pumpkin is soft and cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.